Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Journal Entry #2

An Incomplete Manifesto for Growth is a collection of statements directed towards beliefs, strategies and motivations. They are written by Bruce Mau, who is a creative director of his own design firm and founder of the Institute without Boundaries. After reading his Incomplete Manifesto for Growth, he came off as a very motivational person. The list was very much related to a design student or any creative field. My mantra for the week would be:
  "Stay up late.Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you're separated from the rest of the world." I chose this one because it related very much too my week so far, which has consisted of staying up late designing logos and book covers hoping I would come up with a brilliant and unique design. Even though I've had a lack of sleep, it seemed like a positive way to look at it.                     

No comments: